QUEENSLAND POLICE SERVICE APPROVED
FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE
10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety replaces the superceded 30989QLD Course in Firearms Safety as mandatory QLD Firearms Safety Course training for QLD Weapon Licence application purposes.
This nationally recognised course is for participants This course has 2 components: classroom theory based training and a live practical shoot at an approved firing range. Participants can walk away from this course feeling confident and safe when using firearms.
Units of Competency:
- WSCQPS001A Demonstrate knowledge of firearms legislation, firearm & community safety
- WSCQPS002A Demonstrate the safe use of Category A and Category B firearms
- WSCQPS003A Demonstrate the safe use of Category C firearms
- WSCQPS004A Demonstrate the safe use of Category D firearms
- WSCQPS005A Demonstrate the safe use of Category H firearm
10618NAT course covers Category A, B and H weapons.
Category A, B and H course is suitable for firearms use in Sports/Target Shooting, Recreational, Collecting Firearms and Occupational e.g animal controllers, rural employee/primary production. Firearms include:
- Air Rifles (A)
Bolt Action Rifles (A & B)
- Combination (Rifle and Shot) (B)
- Lever Action Rifles (A & B)
- Muzzle Loading Firearm (B)
- Paintball Rifles (A)
- Pump Action Rifles (B)
- Revolvers (H)
- Semi-Auto Pistols (H)
- Single, Double, Tri Barrel Shot (A)
Category C and D Firearms is suitable for specialised use for occupational / licence function requirements including primary producers, pest controllers, firearms dealers, armourers, instructors and theatrical ordnance suppliers. Firearms include:
- Semi-Automatic Rifles, Semi-Automatic and Pump Action Shot
Minors Licence options:
- Category A, B or H – Sports or Target shooting
$150 Catagory A,B,H
$120 Category A,B
$100 Catagory H
$220 Each for C,D
Omega Security Consultants Pty Ltd has a third party arrangement with Regal Security & Industry training Pty Ltd RTO number 32331 Regal Security & Industry Training is a training RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider.