A Firearms Safety Course training record is a mandatory requirements in the QLD Security (Guard) Weapons Licence application process for QLD security licence – Cash-in-Transit function holders for Security armed Cash-in-Transit and Plain Clothes guards/officers.
- how to maintain, use and store firearms and ammunition and maintain security of environment in accordance with legislative and organisational requirements
- manage conflict through negotiation and ability to analyse risk factors and intentions of persons to determine response to a security risk situation
- determine when to use a firearm to respond to a life threatening situation
- apply legislative and organisational requirements for maintaining security (guard) firearms licensing requirements; apply correct firearms safety handling skills procedures for selecting, fitting, using and maintaining protective equipment including body armour
- ability to provide warnings and clear directions to a subject using communication which engages minority groups; identify current and potential risk factors and their impact on the security risk situation
- maintaining consistent accuracy when discharging firearm and reacting in a timely manner in the application and termination of force, and evaluating and selecting response options within specified legal and strategic limits.
Weapon Categories: Category C (Shotgun) Category H (Revolver) Category H (Semi-Automatic Pistol) Category E (Body Armour)
Qualifications you will receive are;
* CPPSEC3008A Control security risk situation using firearms. The Course student kit (Workbook, practical, theory) assessment tools are specific for the following units:
- CPPSEC3002A Manage conflict through negotiation
- CPPSEC3003A Determine response to security risk situation
- CPPSEC3007A Maintain security of environment.
If you are already a licensed armed security officer and need to complete your re-validation course, you will need to complete Annual Firearms Re-Certification.
Omega Security Consultants Pty Ltd has a third party arrangement with Regal Security & Industry training Pty Ltd RTO number 32331 Regal Security & Industry Training is a training RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider.