Maintain your QLD security (guard) weapons licence – re-qualification training with professional, qualified weapons instructors from the security industry with ‘on-the-ground’ skills for an experiential training.
Weapon Categories: Category C (Shotgun) Category H (Revolver) Category H (Semi-Automatic Pistol) Category E (Body Armour)
- how to maintain, use and store firearms and ammunition in accordance with legislative and organisational requirements
- ability to analyse risk factors and intentions of persons
- determine when to use a firearm to respond to a life threatening situation
- apply legislative and organisational requirements for maintaining security (guard) firearms licensing requirements; apply correct firearms safety handling skills procedures for selecting, fitting, using and maintaining protective equipment including body armour
- ability to provide warnings and clear directions to a subject using communication which engages minority groups; identify current and potential risk factors and their impact on the security risk situation
- maintaining consistent accuracy when discharging firearm and reacting in a timely manner in the application and termination of force, and evaluating and selecting response options within specified legal and strategic limits.